After lunch, we headed just outside of town to the American West Heritage Center farm, where we rode horse-drawn wagons, ate delectable pumpkin bread from the summer kitchen, watched terrible old silent short films, and ran through the fairly big corn maze, complete with an attempted potty stop (long story). The pumpkins varied from cute to concerned to vomitous. Kregg was very proud of his green puking pumpkin, but I unfortunately didn't get a pic of that. In any case, we had a lot of fun, but it was all too brief, and they were off to Lagoon for the evening with relatives. We decided we must do it again soon.



Afterwards, I met up with Ryan (who rode with me up to Logan) and Ryan (who lives there), and we played some Mario Kart 64 and took a jaunt up the canyon before meeting another friend for dinner (after stopping so I could take some pics of the Logan temple).


When I asked if there was Thai or Indian food in Logan (half in jest), they suggested Tandoori Oven, which they described as a sort of small gas stationy place. As Ryan and I followed the other two there, I told him, "If this turns out to actually be a gas station, ..." and he piped in, "I reserve the right to veto it." "Exactly," I affirmed. As we drove into the gas station parking lot, in a brief moment of redemption, it appeared to be a separate restaurant in a small building with two or three stores. Then we watched someone walk directly from the restaurant to the convenience store without stepping outside. It was the same place. What the...? We stayed 'cause it smelled good. We were not disappointed. The food was actually really good, and the ambience was nice, except when you had to walk through the convenience store to get to the bathroom. But that could come in handy. Say you had a headache and needed to pick up some Advil, or you wanted Doritos with your saag paneer, or...you just realized you were fresh out of Trojans? Hey, all sorts of needs met right around the corner from your table without having to go outside.
Anyway, after some good 4-way Mario Kart action, Ryan and I headed back off the mountain back to the valleys we call home. I'll not be a stranger to Logan anymore.
2 comments:
Logan is definitely the best! Glad you finally got to visit.
You just now made it to Logan (she said with eyes wide and bewildered)? It is beautiful. I have enjoyed it everytime I went. If I recall right it was my 20th birthday when I was there with Tracey and Hess.
Post a Comment